Mar 2, 2016
Board Strategic Direction Thoughtexchange Conversation
Parents, Guardians, Staff and Community Members
Share your Thoughts March 2-11, 2016
The purpose of this proposed strategic direction is to implement efficiencies across the Division, providing high quality learning opportunities while ensuring the Division is financially sustainable. The proposed plan includes:
- Reconfiguring schools east of Hwy 2 to K- 8 (Centennial, Norwood, Parkdale, Clear Vista, Gwynne) and 9-12 (Wetaskiwin Composite High).
- Reconfiguring Queen Elizabeth as a dual-track K-8 school offering French Immersion and Year-Round programs while providing a CTS Centre.
- Consolidating Millet and Griffiths Scott into one K-8 school with the closure of Millet School.
- Repurposing C.B. McMurdo School. Possible uses may include: housing off-campus, system programs, centralized programs (Home Ed, District Principal, OH&S Coordinator) and community programs/partners (Boys & Girls Club, Hope Mission).
- Future efficiencies may be found in the reconfiguration of schools west of Hwy 2 (Alder Flats, Buck Mountain, Winfield, Lakedell, Pigeon Lake, Falun, Pipestone).
For more information, please view this document: WRPS Board Proposed Strategic Direction
The Board is committed to a consultation process with parents, staff and community members that is transparent and accountable. As such, we encourage you to take this opportunity to share with us your honest comments and questions.
We would like to know what you think about the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Board Proposed Strategic Direction.
Sign up and join the conversation today!
JOIN THE CONVERSATION: http://wrps.ab.thoughtexchange.info/invitation