Candidate Election Information
2017 Election Information
The 2017 municipal election is Monday, October 16, 2017. An important component of the municipal election is the election of school trustees. This is your opportunity to get involved in public education - by casting your vote for public school trustee, or running as a candidate for public school trustee.
The Board of Trustees for WRPS consists of eight (8) members from the following electoral subdivisions:
- ONE (1) trustee from the eastern portion of the County of Wetaskiwin Division 1
- ONE (1) trustee from the Town of Millet Division 2
- ONE (1) trustee from the Central area of the County of Wetaskiwin Division 3
- ONE (1) trustee from the western portion of the County of Wetaskiwin Division 4
- THREE (3) trustees from the City of Wetaskiwin
- ONE (1) trustee appointed by the Maskwacis Cree Nation
Nomination day is on Monday, September 18, 2017 (four weeks prior to Election Day).
The Returning Officer shall receive nominations at the Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools Central Administration Building located at 5515-47 A Avenue in Wetaskiwin, Alberta between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (noon) on nomination day.
WRPS will be accepting nominations for seven (7) trustees from 10:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. (noon) at Wetaskiwin Regional Public School's Central Administration Building 5515-47 A Avenue Wetaskiwin, Alberta.
All portions of your Nomination Paper must be completed and the Candidate’s Acceptance sworn or affirmed before a Commissioner for Oaths or Returning Officer. It is your responsibility to ensure that you are fully aware of the nomination requirements and comply with them.
Monday, October 16, 2017
To find out where to vote and hours of opening, please refer to your municipality for details.
Continue to check this page for election updates and complete election results.