Wetaskiwin Regional Public School delivers quality education in a welcoming environment that is safe and caring.
Wetaskiwin Regional Public School meets the needs of all students.
We ensure a welcoming environment that is safe and caring.
We respect diversity.
We value teamwork and collaboration.
We expect honesty and integrity.
We value innovation and creativity through risk-taking and discovery.
We are transparent and accountable.
Improve the academic success of all students.
Enhance the success of First Nations students and encourage the active involvement of their families.
- WRPS will determine efficiencies that can be implemented across the division.
- WRPS initiates community partnerships to provide students with enhanced opportunities.
- WRPS has effective consultation structures and processes.
- WRPS has responsive and sustainable levels of programs and services supported by the Funding Distribution Model.
- WRPS implements innovative and creative partnership ideas that meet the needs of students.
- WRPS staff ensure all students are at grade level plus.
The Board developed the following principles that will guide the actions that administration will undertake to address:
Goal 1: WRPS will determine efficiencies that can be implemented across the jurisdiction.
The Board’s preference is to keep schools open; however, the Board will consider grade reconfiguration that achieve efficiencies.
The Board’s preference is to maintain current programs; however, the Board will consider alternatives that achieve efficiencies.
The Board’s preference is for staffing efficiencies that benefit students and achieves excellence in learning.
The five remaining goals are considered to be connected to the work required to determine efficiencies.
Inspiring students to become the best they can be.
Making learning visible