"Healthy Eating" Poster Contest - Winners!
Thank you to all WRPS students who participated in our 'Healthy Eating' Poster Contest for March's Nutrition Month!
We received a variety of creative and well-thought out posters, making it a challenge for the judges to decide on first place winners! In all, there were 208 posters submitted for judging from 8 schools!
Judges from Hope Mission, Alberta Health Services, and Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools based their decisions on two categories:
- Knowledge of High Quality Nutrition: the four major food groups and the proportion of food to eat from each; and
- Artistic Appeal/Creativity: use of color, shape, texture and creativity.
The first place winners for each division are:
- Division I - Makaylee Busse - Grade 3 Pipestone School
- Division II - Keira Dick - Grade 5 Clear Vista School
- Division III - Felicity Saddleback - Grade 9 Wetaskiwin Composite High School
Each first place winner will receive a healthy snack basket for their whole class to enjoy.
Honorable mentions for each division are:
- Division I - Addison Henschel - Grade 3 Pipestone School
- Division II - Emily Patriquin - Grade 5 Clear Vista School
- Division III - Tommy Okeynan - Grade 9 Wetaskiwin Composite High School
Enjoy the winning poster submissions below.
Thank you to all our teachers and students for participating in this contest, to our local grocery stores:
Jordan's No FrillsSafewayNuttersMillet Fresh MarketCo-op Food Store
for their healthy snack donations, and to Ms Boeve's class at Clear Vista School for assembling the snack baskets!